You must have heard it a thousand times to treat your hair but what exactly does hair treatment entail? To start off, there are different types of hair treatments for different purposes. One of the common types of hair treatments, which is highly recommended, is deep conditioning treatment.
What is deep conditioning treatment?
Generally, deep conditioning your hair helps in restoring moisture due to its deep penetrating moisturizing effect. Usually, it's done using the Deep Conditioner whilst applying heat. This is to enable the product to penetrate the hair strands.
Who needs to deep condition?
Deep conditioning is for everyone. However, you might want to do it more often when you fall in the following categories;
- Dyed hair
- Damaged hair
- Dry and dull hair
- Heat damaged hair
- Post partum
What does it do for your hair?
Deep conditioning regularly is essential for the health of your hair. Not only does it restore moisture to the hair but also aids in softening and improving the elasticity of the hair.
Due to how important deep conditioning is, a one-off treatment doesn't do much for the hair. Including it in your hair regimen as a constant form of treatment will yield best results. Although this might be tedious, it is necessary.
The added benefits of deep conditioning include but not limited to;
- Restoring the hair's natural shine
- Restoring moisture to the hair
- Improving the hair's elasticity
- Helping prevent damage to dyed hair
How to deep condition
Here's a step by step guide on how to deep condition your hair
- Detangle and shampoo your hair
- Apply the Deep Conditioning Treatment on damp hair (not soaking wet hair)
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Apply heat to your hair for 10-45 minutes
- Rinse out thoroughly
How often should you deep condition your hair?
Deep conditioning bi-weekly is adequate. However, depending on how damaged your hair is, once a week will help. Do this until you see improvements in your hair. Then you can switch to having it done bi-weekly.
Don't worry if doing it at home is tedious. Visit Eya Salon in Accra, Ghana and get it done. One of the best things you can do for your hair is to incorporate deep conditioning treatment into your hair regimen.
Share this post
- Tags: African naturals, bad hair practices, color, coloured, damaged hair, Deep Condition, deep conditioning, detangle, detangling, DIY, dry hair, dye, dyed hair, eya naturals, Eya Salon, eyanista, Flat Twists, good hair practices, Hair, Hair & Skin Care Blog, hair bleaching, hair breakage, hair care, hair dye, hair dyeing, Hair Growth, hair inspiration, hair practices, hair products, hair retention, hair treatment, healthy hair growth, heat, low porosity, moisturize, natural hair, natural hair care, natural hair journey, natural hair products, natural hair salon, natural oils, naturalista, Nature, oil-based, oils for hair, porosity, porous, post partum